▾
OSX Products  ▾
Support  ▾
Subscribe to our Mailing List Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Who's Online (1)

Uninstall Completely?
  • How do I uninstall Shimo completely? I have tried, but then when I redownload and reinstall, the same profile is there; and it the application is already registered. 

• Go into your home folder under application support just put that in the trash. You also have to look in the preference file and delete the plist. You may have to do the same in the root directory, look in preferences and delete plist file if it is there. Then restart the computer and try reinstalling. A free app like app delete should do the trick, or even a trial of clean app.

Joseph
  • Here is the official uninstall manual...

To uninstall Shimo, please remove the following files and directories:

/Applications/Shimo.app (Shimo Application)
    ~/Library/Application Support/Shimo (Shimo's profiles)
    ~/Library/Preferences/com.chungwasoft.Shimo (Shimo's preferences)
    /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.chungwasoft.Shimo (Shimo's helper tool)
    /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.chungwasoft.shimo.helper.plist (Shimo's helper configuration)
  • I only see the following. Is this OK?

/Applications/Shimo.app.
    /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.chungwasoft.Shimo
    /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.chungwasoft.shimo.helper.plist
  • I need help locating these on my Mac.  I need to delete them in order to reinstall Shimo, but I can't locate them. 

~/Library/Application Support/Shimo                        (Shimo's profiles)
    ~/Library/Preferences/com.chungwasoft.Shimo                (Shimo's preferences)
  • Open Finder and Press Cmd+Shift+G and enter the paths mentioned above.

Quality Software Made in Aachen, Germany